Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"See when tires need air" gadgets


I've always been conscientious about the tire pressure of my car, to get the best mileage. The manual pressure gauge was one of the first items I bought when I gt my car, way back when. But checking the pressure regularly is a pain. My fiance bought me a wonderful little gadget that does this automatically, called "Tire Check" subtitled, "See When Tires Need Air". We screwed them in at the next air pump, in lieu of the regular rubber caps, and the little green marker popped up. After some distance, the little red marker popped up indicating we've lost 2-3 psi of pressure. So it is time for the pump again... HOW CONVENIENT! I LOVE IT! We got it for $9.99 at Amazon. Figure with gas prices as it is, the payback period should be quite low...

1 comment:

Auros said...

I had those, until all the color-coded caps broke off. Apparently they stick out too far, so they hit curbs when you parallel park, get smacked by bits of gravel on the highway, etc. Let me know if yours actually last more than three months; possibly there's a better brand than the one I had.